Casual Learning Support Assistants - Bank positions
Hours: 8.30am – 4pm, weekdays, term time only
Salary: £9.29 per hour (including holiday pay)
We follow Stockport LEA holidays
As we grow and develop, so do our teams! We have a successful residential School and College which supports both day and residential students with a range of complex learning, communication, multi-sensory and physical needs, and a number of students with autism spectrum condition.
We are recruiting enthusiastic individuals to join us as Casual Learning Support Assistants (bank positions) to work with our teaching teams in our Royal School and College to support the teaching and learning activities of our students aged between 2-25 years old.
• GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above, or level 2 equivalent in literacy and numeracy
• Previous experience in a teaching assistant or care environment
• Experience working with children and young adults with multi sensory impairments and/or complex learning difficulties and disabilities
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Support the Teachers and Learning Support Assistants to prepare individual programmes and learning materials for the students’ learning
• Providing individual support to the students for their daily activities
• Personal care
• The role is physically demanding as the Casual Learning Support Assistants will need to keep up with the active students who like to run, and be willing to push wheelchairs and use the adapted bicycles as well as go in the swimming pool
We are part way through an exciting site redevelopment including building a new school, 17 new houses, and sport facilities. We are also broadening our services e.g. outreach, so as we continue to develop and grow, so do our teams, so if you are looking for a flexible and rewarding casual role then please apply ASAP!
We value diversity and are committed to equal opportunities. Disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria on the person specification will be guaranteed an interview.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS (no cost) and full references will be taken.