Learning Support Assistants
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8.30am – 4pm, 39 weeks, term time only
Salary: unqualified: £12,570, qualified £13,270 - £15,235
We follow Stockport LEA holidays
We have a successful School and College that supports both day and residential students with complex communication and learning difficulties. The children and young people at the Trust have a range of learning, communication, multi-sensory and physical needs and a number of students with autism spectrum condition, aged between 2-25 years old.
We are recruiting enthusiastic individuals to join us as Learning Support / Teaching Assistants as part of our teams in our Royal School and College to support the teaching and learning activities and entitlement of all learners who have severe and complex educational needs.
• GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above, or level 2 literacy and numeracy equivalent
• Previous experience working with children and young people with multi-sensory impairments and/or complex learning difficulties and disabilities
• Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• These are physically demanding roles as the LSA will need to keep up with the active students who like to run and be willing to push wheelchairs, use the adapted bicycles as well as go in the swimming pool
• To support the Teachers with the preparation of individual programmes and learning materials appropriate to the needs of learners whilst providing individual support with their daily activities in school.
• Following and evaluating educational programmes set by the teacher, you must have good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to write and maintain reports and student notes and communicate effectively with parents, carers and other professionals.
• Providing personal care
So if you are looking for a rewarding Teaching Assistant position where you can make a real difference then please apply ASAP!
We value diversity and are committed to equal opportunities. Disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria on the person specification will be guaranteed an interview.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS (no cost) and full references will be taken.