Administrator – Residential Care Services
Salary: £16,651 - £18,076 per annum (subject to job evaluation)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Type: Permanent, 52 weeks
Location: Cheadle Hulme, SK8 6RQ
Holidays: Year 1 25 days + bank holidays
We are recruiting for an Administrator to join our small team within our Residential Care Services Department. This is a busy office environment on site at Cheadle Hulme, near Handforth.
The role will provide an efficient administration support service for our Children’s and Young People’s Services. Reporting to the Lead Administrator you will provide high level support for the day to day administration needs within the department and ensure all essential tasks are carried out to a high standard and completed on a timely basis. (full job description available)
• GCSE English and Maths grade A- C or above or level 2 equivalent
• Previous experience working in an office based administrative role handling routine enquiries
• Experience of producing a range of correspondence and documentation to high standards using up to date Microsoft Office packages
• Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
• Experience keeping manual, computer and online records and inputting information into databases and spreadsheets
• Experience of accurately taking and relaying messages via phone and email
• Experience raising of purchase orders and invoices
• Excellent verbal and written communication, organisation and co-ordination skills
• Ability to work in a busy environment and remain calm under pressure
Seashell Trust runs an Outstanding (Ofsted) special School and specialist College together with 17 on-site residential homes for children and young people with complex learning disabilities, physical disabilities and multisensory impairments.
We provide an outstanding care environment that is safeguarded and committed to promoting learning, respect and independence, as well as dignity for all of our students. As part of our safer recruitment policy, successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check (no cost) and full references will be taken.
We value our employees and recognise the need to recruit, retain and develop highly skilled and committed talent who share our vision and values!
We value diversity and are committed to equal opportunities. Disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria on the person specification will be guaranteed an interview.
This charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.