Casual Swimming Teachers - ASA/STA (term time only)
Hours available: Mondays - Fridays 4-7pm, Saturdays 9am - 1.30pm / 2.30 - 5.30pm
Rate: £10 – 12.50 per hour
Duration: Term time only, ongoing
We are recruiting for ASA/STA Swimming Teachers to join our Sports Dept as casual workers to support our permanent staff team during term time.
Purpose of the role
The position(s) will support the delivery and development of the swimming programme in our main swimming pool for children and young people who attend our lessons from the local community. We offer group and 1:1 lessons for both able bodied and disabled children/young people.
What are the requirements?
- RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Award or similar equivalent.
- ASA/STA Level 1 Teachers (Swimming) qualification essential
- ASA / STA Level 2 Teachers Swimming qualification preferred
- Experience of teaching swimming at all ages and abilities
- Experience of delivering swimming & water-based activities for children, young people and adults with special needs advantageous but not essential
- Strong organisation and communication skills
- Flexible approach to work
What are the hours?
• TERM TIME ONLY
• Mondays to Fridays 4pm – 7pm
• Saturdays 9am - 1.30pm / 2.30 - 5.30pm
These positions are available on a casual basis
Who are we?
Seashell Trust runs an Outstanding (Ofsted) special School and specialist College together with 17 on-site residential homes for children and young people with complex learning disabilities, physical disabilities and multisensory impairments.
We value our employees and recognise the need to recruit, retain and develop highly skilled and committed talent who share our vision and values!
We value diversity and are committed to equal opportunities. Disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria on the person specification will be guaranteed an interview.
This charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We provide an environment that is safeguarded and as part of our safer recruitment policy, successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check (no cost) and full references will be taken.