Position: Associate Trainer
Type: Permanent, 52 weeks
Location: Cheadle Hulme, SK8 6RQ
Holidays: Year 1: 25 days + bank holidays
We are recruiting for an Associate Trainer to join our Learning and Development team in this newly created position. The role will support the Senior Learning and Development Business Partner in the effective delivery of specialist training courses (open, in-house or bespoke) across the Trust and in support of the Trust’s Outreach Programmes. This role could potentially be considered as a job share.
• Recognised training qualification essential – CIPD Essential Skills for Trainers or the equivalent
• Experienced in design and delivery of training
• Excellent training and coaching skills
• Excellent personal and time management skills
• Understanding of adult learning principles and how they influence the design and delivery of training
• Significant technical expertise in the subject areas covered by the course i.e. health and Safety, First Ad
• Ability to facilitate learning in a face-to-face training environment using learner-centred, participatory learning techniques
• Ability to work flexibly to meet participants’ individual needs within the context of the overall course aims and learning objectives
• GSCE grade A-C or equivalent Level 2 qualification in literacy and numeracy
• Car owner with a clean driving licence and business insurance
• Please see attached job description for full details
• To deliver specific and specialised training courses in house and off site in a range of settings with experience and knowledge of such things like Health & Safety and First Aid.
• To modify and adapt courses as necessary to ensure the content is up-to-date and meets the needs of the Trust and our clients
• To assist the Trust with preparing the content of marketing materials, blogs etc in order to promote the courses
• To assist with any administration regarding external stakeholders (booking rooms etc)
Seashell Trust runs an Outstanding (Ofsted) special School, and specialist College together with 17 on-site residential homes for children and young people with complex learning disabilities, physical disabilities and multisensory impairments.
So if you are looking for a challenging new opportunity, then please apply ASAP!
We provide an outstanding care environment that is safeguarded and committed to promoting learning, respect and independence, as well as dignity for all of our students. As part of our safer recruitment policy, successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check (no cost) and full references will be taken.
We value our employees and recognise the need to recruit, retain and develop highly skilled and committed talent who share our vision and values!
We value diversity and are committed to equal opportunities. Disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria on the person specification will be guaranteed an interview.
This charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.