Fixed term contract for 1 academic year
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (38 weeks plus 5 inset days) plus 5 days in hols (40 weeks total)
We are recruiting an experienced Early Years SEN Teacher to join our Ofsted “outstanding” non-maintained residential special school for pupils aged 5-19 years old. This is a fixed term contract for one academic year from September 2018 until July 2019.
The successful applicant will be an experienced SEND teacher of Key stage 1 and/or Key stage 2. The post-holder will also have experience of working with KS1 and 2 children who have severe and complex learning and communication difficulties, together with experience of differentiating the curriculum and of multi-disciplinary team working.
This is an excellent opportunity for motivated and talented SEN Teacher to join our fantastic team and really make a difference!
Education and Training
• Teaching Degree or Post Graduate Diploma (Qualified Teacher Status QTS)
Skills and Knowledge:
• Knowledge of the EYFS Curriculum
• Knowledge of planning and delivering personalised learning programmes
• Knowledge of SEND assessment
• Behaviour management strategies
• Self-motivated and confident
• Working with support staff and managing small teams.
• Recent legislation and national developments in SEND
• Knowledge and skills relating to information and communication technology
• Good organisational / time management skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
Who are we?
Seashell Trust runs an Outstanding (Ofsted) special School, and a specialist College together with 17 on-site residential homes for children and young people with complex learning disabilities, physical disabilities and multisensory impairments.
We provide an outstanding care environment that is safeguarded and committed to promoting learning, respect and independence, as well as dignity for all of our students. As part of our safer recruitment policy, successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check (no cost) and full references will be taken.
We value our employees and recognise the need to recruit, retain and develop highly skilled and committed talent who share our vision and values!
We value diversity and are committed to equal opportunities. Disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria on the person specification will be guaranteed an interview.
This charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment