Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Shifts: 6am – 10pm Mon-Fri, 8am – 4pm at weekends
Type: Permanent position
Holiday Entitlement: Year 1 at 25 days plus bank holidays, rising to 30 days + bank holidays after 5 years
What is the role?
We are recruiting for a Caretaker/Maintenance Support to join our existing team within the Facilities Department. The role is required to provide an efficient and effective caretaking service to ensure the Trust buildings and grounds are maintained in a safe and efficient manner and support continuous high quality education and care delivery.
We have a large site with a school, college and 17 residential homes on site, together with a swimming pool, hydrotherapy pool and other leisure/sports facilities, and this role/team support the overall maintenance of the whole site.
• GCSE English and Maths (grade A-C), or level 2 numeracy and literacy
• City & Guilds Level 2 Property Maintenance, Plumbing, Electrical Testing or Carpentry / Joinery (or commitment to achieving this)
• Willingness to undertake other training relevant to the role
• Previous experience of delivering a caretaking/general maintenance service
• Ability to communicate clearly
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• Ability to operate equipment and be able to move and handle loads
• The ability to meet the physical demands of the post which require substantial activity around the site that includes walking, standing, lifting, bending and operating cleaning equipment
• Reliability and ability to fulfil contracted hours
• Flexible approach to work
• Clean and tidy appearance
• High standards and quality driven
• Customer centred focus and attitude
• Good communication skills at all levels
• Flexible approach to work
The role has an on-call requirement so you may be called out to deal with security/emergency repairs at unsociable hours if required
So if you are looking for a very busy, challenging and rewarding role please apply ASAP!
Who are we?
Seashell Trust runs an Outstanding (Ofsted) special School, and a specialist College together with 17 on-site residential homes for children and young people with complex learning disabilities, physical disabilities and multisensory impairments.
We provide an outstanding care environment that is safeguarded and committed to promoting learning, respect and independence, as well as dignity for all of our students. As part of our safer recruitment policy, successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check (no cost) and full references will be taken.
We value our employees and recognise the need to recruit, retain and develop highly skilled and committed talent who share our vision and values!
We value diversity and are committed to equal opportunities. Disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria on the person specification will be guaranteed an interview.
This charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment