Hours: 8:30am - 4pm
Holidays: School holidays (Stockport Education Authority)
What are we looking for?
We are recruiting for six SEN Learning Support Assistants for our specialist College who want to make a real difference! The age range of our students is 18-25 years old, and we have opportunities on our specialised courses supporting Autism, PMLD and complex sensory needs. Experience in a classroom teaching assistant role in a SEN environment is preferred but may not be essential. So if you are passionate about providing learning, care and support, promoting independence and have the right attitude and share our values, then we’d like to hear from you!
What are the roles?
• These are term time permanent roles and will involve providing daily learning, personal care and support for our students inside the classroom and on site. Some students may present challenging behaviour, so similar experience is advantageous but not essential.
• These are physically demanding roles with a requirement to keep up with the active students who like to run, push wheelchairs, use the adapted bikes and go in the swimming pool.
What are the hours?
• Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (8:30am - 4pm)
• Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (8:30am - 4pm)
What are the benefits?
• Pension scheme, on site gym, online retail and leisure discounts, doggy day care/grooming, employee assistance programme, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, and free parking!
• We have performance related pay reviews and offer good career development and training opportunities.
Who are we?
Seashell Trust is a national charity supporting children and young adults with complex learning disabilities and additional communication needs from across the UK. We provide care and education, for children and young people aged between 3-25 years, in our homes, at our school and college and through our short breaks services.
We provide an environment that is safeguarded and as part of our safer recruitment policy, successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check (no cost) and full references will be taken.
We value our employees and recognise the need to recruit, retain and develop highly skilled and committed talent who share our vision and values!
We value diversity and are committed to equal opportunities. Disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria on the person specification will be guaranteed an interview.
This charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. As part of our safer recruitment policy, successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check and full references will be taken.
You may also have experience as: Classroom Assistant, TA, Residential Support Worker, Care Worker, SEN Assistant, Education Assistant