Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Type: Permanent, 52 weeks
Holidays: Year 1 25 days + bank holidays
We are recruiting for a SharePoint Content Specialist to join our IT Team in this newly created position. The role will maintain and develop the organisation’s SharePoint environment, shape its development, ensuring it is fit for purpose and in line with the Trust’s organisational requirements. The role will also be responsible for delivering training to staff across site. Hours can be flexible between 7am – 6pm.
• GCSE English and Maths (grade A-C) or equivalent Level 2 qualification
• Significant workplace experience in similar role or an IT or Computer Science related degree or equivalent
• Significant hands-on experience / working knowledge of the following systems / areas:
• Ability to train users and super users at all levels of the business
• Strong working knowledge with SharePoint front end administration
• Ability to take a business requirement and build or design a solution in SharePoint
• Experience creating and editing SharePoint workflows – some knowledge of HTML & CSS code would be beneficial
• Experience creating SharePoint sites & site collections
• Familiarity with SharePoint Designer
• Experience writing scripts to automate SharePoint tasks
• Experience with Managed metadata and managed metadata navigation
• Knowledge of compliance with legislative requirements, in particular GDPR
• Implement & develop workflows, forms and other technologies to improve current manual or automated business processes to, where possible, generate business efficiencies
• Provide SharePoint end user and super user training, either 1-1 or small groups
• Manage the security of the SharePoint environment, including ensuring content has the correct audience targeting and appropriate permissions are set on sites and resources, utilising Active Directory groups
• Continually develop the SharePoint environment in line with business needs, including liaising with stakeholders to determine requirements; producing recommendations and ensuring successful implementation
• Integrate SharePoint with 3rd party systems using Business Data Connectivity service or other methods
• Utilise advanced features of SharePoint such as Business Intelligence, PerformancePoint and Excel Services to present data to stake holders in the most appropriate way for their needs
• Work with the business excellence team to deliver business improvement solutions based on SharePoint
• In conjunction with the IT Services 3rd line team members, undertake SharePoint farm administration, configuration and maintenance
Who are we?
Seashell Trust runs an Outstanding (Ofsted) special School and a specialist College together with 17 on-site residential homes for children and young people with complex learning disabilities, physical disabilities and multisensory impairments.
We provide an outstanding care environment that is safeguarded and committed to promoting learning, respect and independence, as well as dignity for all of our students. As part of our safer recruitment policy, successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check (no cost) and full references will be taken.
We value our employees and recognise the need to recruit, retain and develop highly skilled and committed talent who share our vision and values!