Learning Support Assistants
Cheadle Hulme, SK8 6RQ
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am – 4pm (35 hours per week)
Salary range: £13,521 - £15,023 per annum
Holidays:School holidays (Stockport Education Authority)
What are we looking for?
We are recruiting for talented Learning Support Assistants for our specialist SEN College who want to make a real difference! The age range of our students is 18-25 years old and we have opportunities on our specialised courses supporting Autism, PMLD and complex Sensory needs .Experience in a classroom teaching assistant role in an SEN environment is preferred but may not be essential.So if you are passionate about providing learning, care and support, promoting independence and have the right attitude and share our values, then we’d like to hear from you!
What are the roles?
- These are term time permanent roles and will involve providing daily learning, personal care and support for our students inside the classroom and on site. Some students may present challenging behaviour, so candidates should be comfortable working in this type of environment.
- The roles will also support with complex health requirements
- These are physically demanding roles with a requirement to keep up with the active students who like to run, push wheelchairs, use the adapted bikes and go in the swimming pool.
What are the benefits?
- Pension scheme, on site gym, online retail and leisure discounts, doggy day care/grooming, employee assistance programme, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, and free parking!
- We have performance related pay reviews and offer good career development and training opportunities.
Who are we?
Seashell Trust runs an Outstanding (Ofsted) special School, and a specialist College with 17 on-site residential homes for children and young people with complex learning disabilities, physical disabilities and multisensory impairments.
We provide an excellent care environment that is safeguarded and committed to promoting learning, respect and independence, as well as dignity for all of our children and young adults.
We value our employees and recognise the need to recruit, retain and develop highly skilled and committed talent who share our vision and values!
We value diversity and are committed to equal opportunities. Disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria on the person specification will be guaranteed an interview.
This charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. As part of our safer recruitment policy, successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check and full references will be taken.
You may also have experience as:Classroom Assistant, TA, Residential Support Worker, Care Worker, SEN Assistant, Education Assistant