Holidays: Year 1 is 33 days, rising to 38 after 5 years
Here at Seashell Trust we provide care and education for children and young people (up to 25 years old) with severe, profound and complex learning difficulties and disabilities, sensory impairment and communication disorders and autism.
• We are recruiting for talented Night Support Workers for our children’s homes (3-18 years old).
• These are waking night positions and will work in our fantastic 2 and 4 bedroom homes at our single site at Cheadle Hulme near Manchester Airport, supporting individuals aged 3-18 years old.
• Experience working in a care setting with children or young adults with complex learning disabilities and communication, behavioural and sensory impairments is preferred but may not be essential.
• Level 3 qualification in Health & Social Care or QCF Level 3 Residential Childcare is advantageous – successful applicants who are not yet qualified will be required to commit to the qualification with investment and support from Seashell Trust
• These are full time (37.5 hours per week) or part time (30 hours per week) permanent roles and will involve providing care and support for our children and young people
• The roles will include personal care needs, mobility, nightly routine support, communication, independent living skills and learning.
• Some challenging behaviours may present, so candidates should be comfortable working in this type of environment
• The shift time is 9.45pm – 7.45am
• Full flexibility over 7 nights is required
• The roles operate on a rotating shift pattern and include working every other weekend
• We can offer 30 hours per week (3 shifts) or 37.5 hours per week (salary pro rata for 30 hours)
• Overtime is also available
About the benefits
Investment and support to complete the QCF Level 3 qualification (if unqualified), pension scheme, on site gym, employee assistance programme, online retail and leisure discounts, doggy day care/grooming service, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, free parking and generous holidays!
We offer good career development opportunities with performance related pay to progress your salary depending on qualifications, training and experience.
About Seashell Trust
Seashell Trust runs an Outstanding (Ofsted) special School, and a specialist College together with 17 on-site residential homes for children and young people with complex learning disabilities, physical disabilities and multisensory impairments.
We provide a caring environment that is safeguarded and committed to promoting learning, respect and independence, as well as dignity for all of our students. As part of our safer recruitment policy, successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check (no cost) and full references will be taken.
We value our employees and recognise the need to recruit, retain and develop highly skilled and committed talent who share our vision and values!
We value diversity and are committed to equal opportunities. Disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria on the person specification will be guaranteed an interview.
This charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment