Healthcare Assistants (Education)
Salary: £14,251 - £15,324 per annum plus benefits
Hours: 35 hours per week, Mon-Fri, 8.30am – 4pm
Type: Permanent, term time only (39 weeks per year)
Here at Seashell Trust we provide care and education for children and young people (up to 25 years old) with severe, profound and complex learning difficulties and disabilities, sensory impairment and communication disorders and autism.
We have opportunities for talented Healthcare Assistants to join our specialist SEN College and School. Reporting to the class Teacher, while also working closely with the School/College Nurse, the roles will be key workers supporting our young people with complex health needs during their day in education.The roles will also be enrolled onto the Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support (unless already qualified).
These are excellent opportunities for experienced Sen Teaching/Learning Support Assistants to develop their medical skills and expertise, and achieve the qualification,
- Previous experience of working with children and young people with learning disabilities and complex communication needs who can also have complex health and medical needs
- Qualification in a healthcare or nursing discipline preferred but not essential
- A – C grade in GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to build positive relationships with students, families, managers and staff
- Excellent written and IT skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work upon own initiative within agreed parameters of the role
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to handle sensitive situations and issues professionally
- Good team working skills and attitude
- A good understanding of confidentiality in relation to health and medical issues
About Seashell Trust
Seashell Trust is a national charity supporting children and young adults with complex learning disabilities and additional communication needs from across the UK.We provide care and education, for children and young people aged between 3-25 years, in our homes, at our school and college and through our short breaks services.
We provide an environment that is safeguarded and as part of our safer recruitment policy, successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check (no cost) and full references will be taken.
We value diversity and are committed to equal opportunities.Disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria on the person specification will be guaranteed an interview.
This charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.