Are you looking for a fresh and rewarding career working for a charity? It’s so much more than a just a job!Upcoming start dates for applications now.
We are recruiting for amazing and talented Night Residential Support Workers who want to make a real difference to our children and young people every single night they come to work! The roles will work in our state of the art 4 bedroom children’s and young adults’ homes (age range 3-25 years old) at our single site in Cheadle Hulme, near Manchester airport. (NO travel required)
We’re looking for people who would love to support our children and young people who are unique and need us to support them with a range of different things that they might find difficult such as being able to communicate with you.These positions are waking nights.
Why work for Seashell Trust?
We’re different at Seashell, some of the best children and young people in the country live here and we believe they deserve the best experience and chances in life. We’ve got some weird and wonderful benefits which think makes us a little bit different, such as:
- Competitive rates of pay £18,214 - £19,585 per annum
- 25 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday (increases with service up to 30 days)
- Doggy Day-care/Grooming
- Monthly street food vendors onsite
- 8% pension
- Paid induction and ongoing training/development opportunities
- Onsite gym and swimming pool
- Life Insurance
- Cycle scheme
- Onsite Yoga and Bootcamp
- Free parking
- Annual performance linked pay increases
- Long Service Awards
- Employee Engagement Forum
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Beautiful campus and fantastic facilities all on one site
- You’ll work a rolling rota with shifts over 7 days (every other weekend)
- These are 10 hour shifts from 9.45pm – 7.45am
- These active roles will involve providing nightly care and support for our children and young people including personal care needs, mobility, daily routine support, communication, independent living and learning skills
- Challenging behaviours will present in these roles, so to fully support our young people, candidates should be comfortable working in this type of environment – training is provided
- GCSE English and Maths (grade A-C) or a level 2 literacy and numeracy qualification is a requirement for these positions
- We also have opportunities for Senior Night Support Workers, salary £19,586 - £21,762
We are recruiting now for upcoming start dates, so apply now to start the process if this sounds like you!
About Seashell Trust
Seashell Trust is a national charity supporting children and young adults with complex learning disabilities and additional communication needs from across the UK. We provide care and education, for children and young people aged between 3-25 years, in our homes, at our school and college and through our short breaks services.
We provide an environment that is safeguarded and as part of our safer recruitment policy, successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check (no cost) and full references will be taken.
We value diversity and are committed to equal opportunities. Disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria on the person specification will be guaranteed an interview.
This charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.