Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am – 4pm (35 hours per week)
Holidays:School holidays (Stockport Education Authority)
Are you looking for a new and rewarding challenging role in a specialist SEN College?
Here at Seashell Trust we provide education and care for children and young adults (up to 25 years old) with severe, profound and complex learning difficulties/disabilities, sensory impairments, communication disorders and autism.
- We are currently recruiting for talented and caring Learning Support Assistants for our specialist SEN College who want to make a real difference!The age range of our students is 19-25 years old.
- Experience in a teaching assistant/learning support role in an SEN classroom/education environment or in a care setting is preferred, but may not be essential.
So if you are passionate about providing education, care and support, have a positive attitude and share our values, then we’d like to hear from you!
About the roles
- These are term time only permanent roles and will involve providing daily learning, personal care and support for our students inside the classroom and on site.
- Learners can present challenging behaviours, so candidates should be comfortable working in this type of environment.
- These are physically demanding roles with a requirement to keep up with the active students who like to run, use the adapted bikes and go in the swimming pool.
- We offer performance related pay reviews and lots of great benefits!
About Seashell Trust
Seashell Trust runs an Outstanding (Ofsted) special School, and a Specialist College with 17 on-site residential homes for children and young people with complex learning disabilities, physical disabilities and multisensory impairments.
We provide an excellent care environment that is safeguarded and committed to promoting learning, respect and independence, as well as dignity for all of our children and young adults.
As part of our safer recruitment policy, successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check (no cost) and full references will be taken.
We value our employees and recognise the need to recruit, retain and develop highly skilled and committed talent who share our vision and values!
We value diversity and are committed to equal opportunities. Disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria on the person specification will be guaranteed an interview.
This charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults